In November we had 529,184 unique visitors, a little less than in October. We published the same number of posts (15), and had 3 times as many posts republished elsewhere.
How did the blog do overall?
- Total uniques: 529,184 (-3% from Oct)
- Total posts published: 15 (10 in-house, 5 guest posts)
- Total posts republished: 12 (TheNextWeb, Lifehacker, Fast Company, Huffington Post, Business Insider)
- Top 3 referral sites: Facebook (70,173 uniques), Fast Company (12,596), Twitter (10,149)
- Top 3 keywords: “how to make yourself happy,” “best time to post on facebook,” “habits of successful people”
- New email subscribers: 1,876 (-16% from Oct)
Here are our traffic graphs from October and November, for comparison:
Which 3 posts performed the best?
94,623 uniqes, published in August
34,038 uniques, published in November
28,147 uniques, published in October
Notes from November
- Our traffic overall was lower this month, but one metric that caught my eye in particular was that Twitter referrals dropped 72% from October.
- 2 out of the top 10 most popular posts this month were social media topics. All the rest were lifehacking/productivity topics.
Looking ahead to December
- We’re planning to adjust our strategy slightly to be more focused on topics around social media, blogging and marketing, and a bit less on lifehacking and productivity.
- We’ve been working on a book of social media tips over the last few weeks and we really want to ramp this up in December and move closer to completion.